·
Registered
3,550 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Sky Water Fisherman Fin Fishing

Sky Fin Fish Marine biology Fishing

Sky Hat Sunglasses Sun hat Fin

Sky Requiem shark Shark Jaw Lamniformes
Last two outings have been a dink fest for me. Im avoiding the skunk but cant find any bigger cats. These are typical of what I have been catching.

I haven’t had any fresh cut bait so that could be one of the factors. Chicken and frozen menhaden is what i have been using. Still and all its great to get a tug and even these little cats will bury the rod in the holder making it difficult to get the rod up and out.

I had a short flurry of activity yesterday. Hooked up on a cat and could see a number of fish down there so I tossed out a marker. While I was fighting the fish I noticed my marker wasn’t unwinding. Pedaled over to it with the fish on the line and was able to get the marker line to release. Fought and landed the one and stayed in the area for a bit. Caught one more and had two other take downs but those didn’t get any hooks.

Not a sniff on the chicken yesterday, the cut menhaden was the ticket.

Happy Thanksgiving to all.

~JOE~

·
Registered
178 Posts
Those might be dinks to you, but I would love catching a bunch of those right now!
Just wondering if you've ever taken any of those home for a meal, and how they compare to channel cats.
Good luck on finding the big ones, and Happy Thanksgiving to everyone!

·
Registered
3,550 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks. In the water I am fishing these are in the dink class. To me though they are fun to catch and compared to the channels I get in a local river they are monsters.

I have never kept any. The reason being that I am fishing out of a kayak and from past experience it is a pain to stringer a fish then tow him around for hours. I have heard that
they are fine eating.

~JOE~

·
Registered
848 Posts
Joe,
Those dinks look good and I bet would taste great. What is your biggest cat so far? Guessing you had some cold mornings out there from the headgear. Makes it all that much better.
Enjoy your Thanksgiving.

·
Registered
3,550 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
My biggest so far is a shade over 30 lbs.

Yesterday when I launched it was 25 degrees but warmed up quickly to high 40s. The cold isn’t an issue for me it’s the wind that can make it miserable.

~JOE~

·
Registered
3,550 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Sky Bird Shark Gesture Requiem shark
Cloud Sky Shark Jaw Fin
Hit it again today. Size was a bit better. I got jammed by the weather man though. Forecast was for winds @ 6 mph. Uh no, there were whitecaps out there for about 3 hours then it laid down but so did the catching.

Also I got my van stuck in the mud near the shoreline when I was leaving. Took an hour for me to break free and I lost one of my wool gloves today. All in all it was still a good day. I landed 5 cats and lost about that many.

~JOE~

1 - 17 of 17 Posts