Chicago Fishing Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
1,519 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
GillsGoneWild

Uncensored HOT gill on gill action!

With the roads covered in a thin layer of ice and the previous days temps undoubtedly conspiring to produce a thick layer of slush on the ice no matter where we chose to fish....the decision to keep it local today (12/26/08) was born really out of common sense and experience.
I mean why drive far away to endure an extensive trek through those conditions when consistent action is available so close to home?

We agreed upon a small pond nestled within a nearby subdivision and began our day at the crack of dawn.

After the short walk through the slush...Eye set up his Clam Base Camp shelter in anticipation of the forecasted rain later in the day.

Eye showing off his newly acquired ice screws...

Every hole drilled lit up the flashers with potential action..and not one single ounce of disappointment.

Although I guess I should admit...we were hoping for a better bass bite...but everyone who took the time to actually target them found themselves successful.
MrB

Eye

With each angler individually pulling up well over 100 gills a piece throughout the course of the day...
henri

..there just wasn't anytime to complain=)

So many different lures were productive today I won't bother posting them all...but will put the spotlight on the new "SlugBug" from Northland.

Macro focus on the tails.

A few more pics are floating around out there on other people's cameras so I'll add them as they submit them to me in email.

Thanks to everyone who made it out=)

GoodFishin'

Darth

·
Registered
1,519 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·

Just got these in email from henri and Osprey...

Me and Eye hole hoppin behind henri's panfish...

Osprey spent his entire time on the ice showing his sister (who is in the States from Germany for the holidays) the ropes..

^Easily my favorite pic of the day=)

And Alpen Babe demonstrating what a competent instructor he is...

Thanks so much for the replies guys=)

·
Registered
2,627 Posts
wink: That Pond Looks really familiar from years ago... Great Pics guys!

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.