Chicago Fishing Forum banner
1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
Administrator
5,370 Posts
While WCF is all about giving quality fishing information, the OCC is a whole other story. Look through the posts in the "Other Waters" and Private Waters" forums.

I really hate to put it that way, but you'll understand.

·
Registered
2,635 Posts
Lets post under Pond report for now on 8) I hate to be the A-hole to say it, but im sure you all will appreciate it ;) Thanks guys n lets keep it on the DL now. I have had fishing holes ruined over the past just by telling a couple people. No offense, but its for the best :cry:

·
Registered
2,635 Posts
I'm sorry Jason, But PM me and u probably understand man... I know its your site. But who wants 1000's of people fishing there, U'r a really great guy, I have never fished there besides one time before i found your great site but can understand other peoples pain about OCC. I hope you do not take this into offense as I am just watching out for you great fellow fisherman that fish OCC. Thanks Jason and good fish'n to you!!!

;)

Dave

I try to keep my fishn' holes confidential even though the word gets spreaded somehow, even on my famous pike pond thats loaded with small pike and trophy pike, Even though its about a 3 mile hike into the woods with no signs to be seen anywhere. The word travels and people will take the hike... ;)

·
Registered
2,642 Posts
Good call. I think those three letters should not be typed again. I thought that was the deal last year 8) Who knows when they shut it down to the public because it starts getting fished out. There is a sign that prohibits "all water activities" already there.

Enough bucket heads already know about it.

Jason is trying to be nice about it, but what I think we need to do is shut the f up about it.
We can share all the posts we want from public waters! :)

·
Registered
340 Posts
WrenchingnFishing said:
I try to keep my fishn' holes confidential even though the word gets spreaded somehow, even on my famous pike pond thats loaded with small pike and trophy pike, Even though its about a 3 mile hike into the woods with no signs to be seen anywhere. The word travels and people will take the hike... ;)
See the problem is trying to keep something a secret. We live in such a populated area that I'm willing to bet if you've found some place another 100 people know about it. I have a favorite spot no one posts about here. But I'm willing to bet over a million people drive past it daily. I see your concern with people posting stuff on the internet, but in a lot of these cases all it takes is one guy driving by one of these lakes and seeing someone else fishing out there.

Another thing Dave, with Google earth anyone can find any lake. So nothing is really a secret anymore. I could get on Google Earth right now and try to find a pond/lake that is a 3 mile hike into the woods, that's also within a decent driving distance from Schaumburg. :lol:

Sometimes having other people fish a lake is good! I've had access to a few private ponds that only I could fish and all the bass were stunted because there was no competition for food. So there is a case for selective harvesting. :wink:

·
Super Moderator
6,307 Posts
I understand the sensitivity of posting a productive spot in an urban area. Seriously, if anyone wants to really research it from past posts on this site, they can find it out. Not too many people are probably willing to do that, so that eliminates a good portion of the crowd right there. You would have to waterboard me to give up the pond I primarily fish in the Spring. It was given in confidence by a friend, and some things you just don't make public without bad consequences.

·
Registered
2,642 Posts
Take this other angle into consideration....this is proably less of a problem with giving out spots, and more of a problem with advertising private property on the internet as a public fishing venue.

I guess the bucketheads thing is just a problem we face by posting up info on any hot lake. I dont know if you guys think its right taking special considerations when talking about private property. Seems to me it is.

I would like to see a standard agreed upon for future posts, whichever way it goes.

·
Registered
340 Posts
I wonder if bucketheads actually research lakes online? They aren't really into it as much as the sickos who frequent internet fishing websites right? :lol:

·
Registered
2,635 Posts
Pk said:
I wonder if bucketheads actually research lakes online? They aren't really into it as much as the sickos who frequent internet fishing websites right? :lol:
That is true! 8)

·
Registered
2,642 Posts
Way back when I went to school there, I had a lab partner in a biology class that found out I liked to fish. Turns out her parents fished oakton pond....and ate the fish regularly. :shock: Whew! She though there was nothing strange about that, eating fish from a retention pond that connects to the dpr. Whew!

·
Registered
457 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Ok, I seem to have started something here. Just, forget it. I didn't realize it was such a classified subject. I understand. I wouldn't advertise my honey hole either. From now on any talk of this should be under the private waters category. That way no one asks.

Sorry, and I am not a buckethead.

·
Registered
457 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
twoglasseyes said:
Way back when I went to school there, I had a lab partner in a biology class that found out I liked to fish. Turns out her parents fished oakton pond....and ate the fish regularly. :shock: Whew! She though there was nothing strange about that, eating fish from a retention pond that connects to the dpr. Whew!
I GUESS THE CAT'S OUT OF THE BAG NOW!

·
Registered
340 Posts
twoglasseyes said:
Oh man that's funny. I took a biology class there and I kid you not one unit was on the campus pond. We took Ph levels of the water, studied the fish in it and the professor told us all about the structure of the bottom of the lake. I took tons of notes. :wink: This guy seriously treated that lake like it was his child.

Anyway he said all the runoff from the parking lot goes into that water so you can imagine how dirty that water is. It's also supposedly causing the lake to fill up with mud on the bottom.

1 - 20 of 41 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.