Chicago Fishing Forum banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
3,873 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
fished from 8am-10:45am strong winds landed 7 bass between 12-14``
4 on spinnerbaits and 3 on 5`` red yamasenkos also lost my biggest bass for the Glen when he jumped for freedom and threw my senko,all fish in the south pool. Finally a fun time at the Glen :)

·
Registered
341 Posts
From now on I will trust your instincts about fishing Aris. I'll say it again, Damnit! I should have went with you... Good job on the fish though. And I'll be fishing tonight so tell me what your plans are.

·
Registered
5,181 Posts
Al, I would love to but no room. Sorry. We have 4 guys and 5 kids and we are renting a 15 passenger van. With all of the fishing stuff and other crap we aren't gonna have enough room.

We could always put you up on the roof or something I guess. :lol:

·
Registered
702 Posts
so Doc, exactly what does the 2-per boat fee cover, do you know? does that include parking at the landing and the trip up the river to the camp? sounds like a good place and a reasonable price, but also sounds like you could get nickle-and-dimed to death if your not careful. i've been looking for an affordable option, so please do let us know how your experience goes. and good luck up there, fresh shore fried walleye is unbeatable :D

·
Registered
5,181 Posts
Topwater said:
so Doc, exactly what does the 2-per boat fee cover, do you know? does that include parking at the landing and the trip up the river to the camp? sounds like a good place and a reasonable price, but also sounds like you could get nickle-and-dimed to death if your not careful. i've been looking for an affordable option, so please do let us know how your experience goes. and good luck up there, fresh shore fried walleye is unbeatable :D
It includes everything that you said along with lodging and meals. Basically the American Plan is what most places call it. It does not include your license or guide. It also doesn't include minnows or other incidentals like ice. It is a good deal. I looked into a number of different places at the fishing shows and this place seemed the cheapest. That, plus my brother-in-laws have both been there before. I will let everyone know about my experience when I return on the 17th.

·
Registered
3,777 Posts
Nice fish! Love them pics....I hear alot of good things about Lake Glenview. IF it wasn't such a haul I'd check it out myself. Here it's catch and release...good stuff.

JB

·
Premium Member
2,602 Posts
well JB, the glen IS nice but it's probably not worth a drive more than 15 minutes tops. it's not what you would call getting out to nature. it's clean, easy access all the way around the lake but strollers, joggers, rollerbladers, bikers and all types of pedestrians will do laps around the lake. which is sometimes nice cause you get the occasional hottie or two cruising around. :wink:

1 - 20 of 22 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.