Chicago Fishing Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
3,873 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Fished from 7:15 TO ABOUT 11:00am got a nice lmb from the pads on the south pool with a pop r and about a 12" lmb with a spinnerbait.

·
Premium Member
2,602 Posts
nice fish.

last night, 8.21.06, aris and i fished the glen from 6 to 7:59:55 and landed 1 bass each. both about 12 inches. we had our licenses checked around 7pm. good to see them around the glen. jim, looks like your efforts are starting to pay off. more patrols are being seen.

an older gentleman released what looked to be a turtle into the lily pads on the south end but can't be sure.

·
Registered
5,181 Posts
Thanks for the reports. Good job guys. Augy, I'm glad to see that you left exactly 5 seconds before the place closed.

·
Premium Member
2,602 Posts
kekeke :mrgreen: you know what tho, there were about 8-10 people still fishing the south rocks. one dude even brought out his own lantern.

·
Registered
5,181 Posts
There's a guy that is always there with his kid way past closing on the south rocks. He usually has a radio on.

·
Registered
472 Posts
After talking to Aris today it was good to hear that the police have finally started to patrol the Glen. I will call them tomorrow and thank them and also tip them off about lantern guy and his friends. Thanks to all you guys we seem to have gotten things moving at the Glen as far as the cops go. P.S. The willow tree, telescoping pole guy is missing in action since last friday.

·
Registered
5,181 Posts
Maybe the guy with the telescoping pole road his bike into the water because he was trying to carry too many things!

·
Administrator
5,357 Posts
Where did he ride his bike into the water... that means good structure! :D

I completely agree, Jim. The Glen is a gem it really is our responsibility to help keep it going, especially since it is a "baby" of a fisherie at only 6 years old.

Of all the Chicago area fishing sites, Windycityfishing probably has the most members fishing that lake, that even furthers our responsibility to help it grow. As a very "wise" woman once said - "it takes a village".

1 - 9 of 9 Posts