Chicago Fishing Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
453 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I got up this morning and decided to go to the Glen. By the time I got out there, it was like past 10:00 and things were very slow. I was only getting tiny bites. Then, across from me, I saw this old man screaming at the water. He was talking to his bobber...seriously. I was watching it for a while and he was getting some serious bites. I kind of felt sorry for the guy...he just couldn't set his hook at the right time. So, I waited it out, until he left and I went to his spot. Sure enough, I caught some nice bass. My total count for the day was 7 bass...only six are pictured because the other one was tiny, 3 bluegill, and a catfish. Here's the pics...

·
Registered
383 Posts
Hey Phil, nice fish! (esp. the first couple). Man, people need to start unhooking fish better... those few were missing huge chunks out of their jaws..

·
Registered
3,873 Posts
Nice job , what were u using ?

·
Registered
702 Posts
krnfishboy7786 said:
Man, people need to start unhooking fish better... those few were missing huge chunks out of their jaws..
I think barbs should be illegal. People just rip em out and mutilate fish. I remember in Manitoba ten years ago fishing, barbs were illegal and none of the guides at the lodge would take you to the 'spots' if you didn't bend them over(the barbs :lol: )! Don't blame em.

What disease? I think i've seen it at Opeka a little.

·
Premium Member
2,602 Posts
nice job! many of the bass at the glen have deformed mouths from "glen-idis". don't know what causes it.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts