Chicago Fishing Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I havent caught a pike in my life and was wondering if theres a good desplaines fishing spot in the jolet-wilmington area?

what baits are the best to use when going for them!

·
Registered
94 Posts
Id hold off on hitting the river for a lil bit, Around here in des plaines, everything is under water. If you do be careful, its moving fast. Some man ended up in the water yesterday and they still havent found him. THat was by palwaukee airport. Im sure the joliet area is the same way as here flood wise.

·
Registered
94 Posts
Ya i saw the police rescue boats being loaded back onto the trailers. The family was there. Northbound on Milwaukee was all but closed. Police were walking with firefighters in suits back and forth for almost a mile. It was sad to see that. The rivers dangerous, people don't realize it, or think they can swim.

About a month ago under the bridge at Miner and River road in downtown Des Plaines, a boy and his father were out on a canoe and they tipped. THey were clinging to the bridge. Luckily they both had life vests on and we watched the rescue (took campground road as a quick way under the train without realizing there was a rescue in progress) Its quicker than people assume.

If you go out be careful. Dont wade in it unless you know what you are doing, and dont right now until its settled again.

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
BigRick said:
vploeg said:
well is ther any other place around the jolet area were i can catch some pike without it being dangerous?
Just wait for the DPR water level to go down. If we don't get any more rain it should be perfectly manageable by next week, maybe even this weekend. I know a secret, non-river spot for pike in the area but that, my friend, will cost you. :wink:
i just want a spot that wwill get me a catch i dont care how big it is i just want to get 1 this summer

·
Registered
428 Posts
can i start with hell yeah, if u go north to romeoville theres some good spots

·
Registered
19 Posts
Where in romeoville do you fish? im from lemont and i have a few spots that are pretty consistent for pike up there but havent fished the romeoville area much. north of south of that isle a la cache place?

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.