Chicago Fishing Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
150 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Had my best day this year (so that would be ever) on the Fox as far as bass fishing. As I mentioned in my first posts I used to carp fish there as a kid before moving out of state.

Also mentioned in my last post that I would not put up another report on St. Charles unless extra-ordinary. Today was just that in my book.

Caught two bigguns, again on a 4ft diver Rapala crank. Pretty much ruined my fun though by being a dummy and leaving my tackle where I could not get to it on the 1st one. This 1st big one (was only able to get half of him in the pic in my panic, bottom pic) swallowed the crank. No hemo, no plyers, and he was bleeding. I really felt like shi_t. He caughed it up amazingly enough but damage had been done. He did swim away very strongly so I am hoping for the best. I will always have my tools on me going forward. That is not a good feeling when it happens to a small bluegill, was even worse with this nice fish.

Caught one more decent one and one normal 12 incher. Keep in mind my story and keep your essentials with you (which most of you vets do I am sure).

Attachments

·
Registered
2,627 Posts
That sounds like a Good Day to me. Sh*t does happen and that fish should be fine, especially if it's thriving the Fox :mrgreen: Those Fox fish are Hella Strong!

Thanks for the report and Good Fishn'

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.