Chicago Fishing Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Went to a watering hole near Milwaukee & Aptakisic with a buddy of mine. After a couple of hours of nothing, I finally landed a 2 lb. bass and had another one get away.

And then.... right when we were going to leave, I tossed my lure across the front end of some tall grass.... and this hits! My buddy thinks it may have been over a 4/5 pounder (sorry, I'm not good at guessing... I'm still a fishing novice).

Attachments

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
6" power bait worm texas rigged style (green w/ red flakes).... what's interesting is the fish didn't hit hard... I actually thought I snagged some weeds so I was just pulling very cautiously. He gulp down the whole setup before I realized I had something.

My buddy tried every kind of setup (cranks, buzz baits, plastics, frogs, etc.) and nothing hit. I guess since I'm lacking in the gear department, I just kept the same rig. They finally starting hitting after a long time.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
In google maps, it's the lake on the east side of Milwaukee across from the corporate center ponds. By the way, are all these ponds up in this area old quarry pits?

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Went back to this spot... landed this one after the 4th cast using a wacky worm setup. Then got the skunk for the rest of the morning. Had another still of it up against my arm and came out to be 19", so ~4.25lbs. It's a weird spot for me, I can land one big one... then nothing the rest of the time. I even checked the stripping to make sure it wasn't the same bass from the first time.

Attachments

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I have to head out of town for a couple of weeks for work... so I'll be itching to fish in September when I get back. Steve, if you want to go check out the spot in the meantime you should be able to find it from the pictures and general location I posted. It looks like an old reservoir that was expanded. The expanded side looks a bit dead to me, but what do I know. The place looks pretty clean... I think I found only one or two pieces of trash (styrofoam cup).

·
Registered
817 Posts
I pass by this place a lot and there are lots of "no tresspassing" signs except they are hard to spot because they're in the trees. I wonder who owns this lake, the company right next to it perhaps?

This is a real cool area. Just E from it has a field covered with tons I mean tons of sunflowers and I saw couple people with professional camera setup taking pictures last evening.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.