Chicago Fishing Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1,924 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am pondering trying out this little spot for the first time Friday and was just curious...

How deep is the deepest point in the WWD from the Dam to the Arl. Hts. bridge and where would it be?

If I bring just the trusty drop shot rig and a fluke rig will it be a pretty good bet that I should get something? (I'll be using flourocarbon line too).

Lastly, have the bigger fish moved in yet (Bass to 3-4 lbs.)?

Any insight you guys can give me would be greatly appreciated... I will report how I did later Friday evening... Thanks guys... - BPM

·
Premium Member
2,602 Posts
the deepest part is about 40-50 down from the wwd by a small pool. and it only gets maybe 4-6 feet deep. you have to access it from the east side which means you have to walk all the way around the dam. you can fish from the west side but very limited access. the west side is wide open.

leave the artificial stuff at home if you want to catch fish right at the discharge. sight fish with crawlers for bigger bass or freeline minnows anywhere up and down the discharge to salt creek for more bass but less quality.

4lb flouro line and polarized glasses are an absolute must when fishing the wwd. good luck and give us a good report!

·
Registered
1,924 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks Augy... Due to the winter storm coming Friday, I am going Thursday after work... No time to get live bait, therefore I'm gonna have to earn 'em... I just want to get out so if their suffering from lockjaw it won't be the end of the world... Hopefully have something good to brag about when I get home tomorrow night...

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.