Chicago Fishing Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Super Moderator
6,307 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
With all the talk of scouting out new ponds, I was inspired to fire up Google Earth and locate a few more to try out. Spot #1 was laid out nicely in the middle of big subdivision. I noticed really good potential right away. Clear water, good weeds, rock, fallen timber, depth. I worked half of it with only a small bass follow. I walked back to my car and was about to give up when a kid fishing down the bank starts yelling to his friend about a big bass he sees. I figure what the heck and fire a few more casts. I had an absolute smash on the countdown but lost the fish. It hit so hard it had me thinking pike. A few casts later, and I was able to add this pond to the "keeper list/"

The next 2 ponds I checked out were in a ritzy subdivision. They both looked excellent, but the No Tresspassing Sign were clear. It killed me not to make some casts there, but as I was leaving Kane County PD was pulling in, so I made the right choice. The next two places were muddy carp holes. I decided to hit my good pond while I still has a little daylight. Ended up with 5 before the weather got too nasty.

I checked out another one behind IMSA which is only about a 1/4 mile from my house on the way home. Took a look at it and it looked like it has fish. That is for another day though...... :wink:

·
Registered
3,882 Posts
endless amount of water for sure, tell me ur secret on how u can get out so much being newly married.

Nice fish as always Matt ! u r the pond master zeig hiel !

·
Super Moderator
6,307 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Culprit said:
endless amount of water for sure, tell me ur secret on how u can get out so much being newly married.

Nice fish as always Matt ! u r the pond master zeig hiel !
My wife works nights so if she is working I can usually get out. When she is off we have dinner and I usually don't get to fish. There is a ton of water out by me, but most of it is garbage to tell you the truth. I now have 3 ponds out of probably 15-20 that I have looked at the last 2 years that have a fishable population of decent fish. No Hawgs yet either.

I'm kind of bummed about the weather, I still have more to check out :wink:

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.