Chicago Fishing Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Super Moderator
6,231 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have not scouted much this year around my area, so today I picked a few ponds to try. The first one looked like it had some promise. I asked a resident who told me it was public and I could even park in his driveway if I wanted. Unfortunately he said the fishing was best for mostly bluegill and carp. Only the occasional bass. I walked around it once and ended up losing my favorite rattletrap in some wood :evil: No luck so I tried the next one that was laid back in an industrial area. It was a good size pond and luckily I was able to find access through a side street. I threw a spinnerbait for about 20 minutes with no luck. The next set of ponds on my list were around a golf community and although they looked excellent, I decided against trying them. The next one I tried was in back of a subdivision that has only been around 3 or 4 years. The place looked excellent but a half hour or so with the spinnerbait brought no fish. It looked to good not to hold fish, so maybe I will come back with the buzzbait later in the Spring. After all that hoolplah, I headed over to my old favorite and ended up with 6. Only one decent one tonight, and it came after I downsized to a small panfish spinner.

It is tough to judge ponds this time of year, because the fishing is so hit or miss. I have 3 that I want to drive by and check out tommorrow that are all in the same area. Hopefully I will have some better results :D

·
Registered
2,628 Posts
Get this b.s. The I t guys at my work blocked google earth thru the server or something. Its deleted off my computer and when I go to download it again it blocks me from the download. They also just blocked video content from youtube. You get routed back to the company home page! :x :x :x They say they cant spare the speed it used up. :x :x :x

·
Premium Member
2,602 Posts
twoglasseyes said:
Get this b.s. The I t guys at my work blocked google earth thru the server or something. Its deleted off my computer and when I go to download it again it blocks me from the download. They also just blocked video content from youtube. You get routed back to the company home page! :x :x :x They say they cant spare the speed it used up. :x :x :x
at least they haven't blocked wcf! :mrgreen:

get back to work rudy!! - management

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.