Chicago Fishing Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I went to the lagoons on monday evening and hit my favorite spot. I ended up catching two small bass and one decent one(4" purple twister tail, gold ratl trap, yo-zuri pearl/green minnow-3D series). Reports are no good w/o pictures, but I just broke a touchscreen LG that my brother gave me and camera-phones have always been my means for documenting catches.

Here's why I'm posting. Throughout the evening, there were fish jumping out of the water every couple minutes-nothing new. But the weirdest thing happened that I've never seen before. At exactly 8:57 PM, a lot of fish (more than fifty) started jumping out of the water out of nowhere. It was like a scene from those Illinois river videos I've seen with the asian carp jumping everywhere. And then, 30 seconds later, they all stopped. What the hell was that?

·
Registered
1,611 Posts
what you saw was a cloud of shad being rounded up and eaten up probably by bass. the goons are loaded with shad. whenever you see that, immediately toss your bait in the middle of it.

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Shad roundup huh? It was a cool sight to see. I wish I had a line to throw in, but 8:57 was the last sign of light so I was already packed and ready to go. Next time I guess. Thanks MPlant.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.