Chicago Fishing Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys,
This is my first post, so I wanted to say hi and introduce myself. I'm Mike, I live in Chicago, and I moved here from michigan, where I grew up and did most of my fishing for the last 23 years.

Ok, I want to report on the skokie lagoons. I pretty much got skunked the last two times I was out. Sunday morning (7-930) and saturday afternoon and evening. I missed a northern by the dam, or a bass with razor gills, I was using a gulp wooly bug, texas rigged. the only two fish i caught ( two little bass ), were believe it or not, on a buzz bait. One at dusk saturday, and the other one sun. morning. Both were taken while i waded my way north, starting about 400yds north of the willow rd. dam. I had a couple of hits on my culprit plastic worms, but nothing taken with one. I also had no luck with, beetle spins, rooster tails, repalas, crank baits, or colorado and/or willow blades spinners. So...good luck if you go out, I know it's still early for them, but try a buzz bait, mine was black. Good luck guys!

·
Registered
299 Posts
hi Mike.. the lagoons has been unbelievable for me the last couple of weeks.. spinnerbaits and buzzbaits have been the big producers.. try fishing the last lagoon (furthest north).. usually its the most productive for me.. good luck

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Hey thanks guys. I'll give that northern section a try later this week, or next time I get out there. I went to the same spot again last night, and landed a nice bass on a buzzbait again. But, besides that, I had a couple hits and missed one from a bad hook set because my lure was a mile away from me.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
hey fishkid,
i saw your picture of the revo sx.... how has it been for you so far? I read alot of reviews and everybody loves it. I just ordered the same reel last week and now I'm waiting for it to arrive from bass pro shops.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.