Chicago Fishing Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1,290 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I get upset by slobs and bucketheads but check out Germanys rules- The Fishing Licence (Fischereischein)

The fishing licence (Fischereischein) is obtained on completion of the Sportfisherprüfung (sport fishing exam). The fishing exam normally takes place once or twice a year, at different times depending on federal state.

To get a licence:

* Apply to a fishing club (Angelverein) to find out when lessons and exams take place
* 30-40 hours supervised fishing lessons must be taken before the exam (lessons normally take place over 4 to 5 weekends. Information on dates and instruction is usually available from local fishing clubs and shops)

The exam tests the knowledge of:

* Different types of fish
* Fish biology and habitats
* Fishing equipment and its uses
* Treatment of catch
* Different types of waters (lakes, rivers, seas)
* Relevant legislation on fish, animal and nature protection

On successful completion of the sport fishing exam, the fishing club will issue a pass certificate which can be exchanged at the local town hall (Bezirksamt) for an official fishing licence. The fishing licence is valid for life.

·
Registered
3,873 Posts
I wish they would do that here :) not to bad for a fishing license for life ,for sure would keep the morons away lol

·
Registered
428 Posts
i would love for that to take place here it would keep all the jug heads and retards away from my local spot that like to come there and contaminate my favorite fishing hole

·
Registered
2,627 Posts
If we had that in IL, Busse would never be crowded! :lol:

Wish we had something like that. I would love to have a fishing license like that.

·
Registered
472 Posts
When I was stationed in Germany it was explained to me that they have those type of test and rules because all their wildlife really took a hit from the wars that were fought there. They are big into catch and release. Some of the pike have been caught so many times they are given names.They are really protective of their natural resources. It takes alot to get a hunting license.

·
Registered
1,290 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
You all failed the test!!! You cant make more rules to control people who are already breaking the rules in place. It doesnt work, and it winds up only hurting people who follow the rules.

·
Registered
2,628 Posts
I would like to see something like that for fishing, just to cover some basics and shorten the learning curves. At least we have a required hunter ed course before you can apply for hunting permits. Although, I took the course a few years ago, and it was waaaay to easy in my opinion. Basicaly a formality that anyone could pass. Good that they are trying though.

·
Registered
1,052 Posts
i don't think anyone here "failed the test". Its not more rules that hurt law abiding people while law breaking individuals keep on doing their thing. It is however, the ability of the authorities to enforce more regulation that will determine the peoples reaction and how well they follow the rules.

If such a program charged a decent amount of money for its participants-its possible that DNR folks could more regularly enforce such regulations possibly??? If the forest preserves were more "policed" word would spread eventually and the # of bucketheads would drastically decrease. Its that simple. The question is, do you really want more of a "policing" of the areas. It might bring some unintended negative aspects to the experience. something to think about.....but in the end things will most likely stay the way they are....probably because of economic reasons in the end.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.