Chicago Fishing Forum banner
1 - 20 of 66 Posts

·
Registered
5,181 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Here is a link for anyone that has been thinking about moving up to a St. Croix rod. They are their entry level rods and last year's models but are a good buy. Maybe some of us on WCF would want to go in on some to get the best discount. I already have 3 of these rods and want to pick up another.

http://www.reedssports.com/main.taf?cat=1888

·
Registered
453 Posts
Thanks for the link. I think I'm going to get the 6',6'' UL, since I almost always fish with a UL. It would also make a perfect perch rod.

·
Registered
5,181 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I have a 6'6'' L and like it a lot for perch and panfish. It is really sensitive. I pulled in a few 3# bass with it too.

·
Registered
3,873 Posts
if i can get the 6' light action spinning I`m in too.

let me know. thx.

·
Registered
1,242 Posts
Wow they went up alot I have a muskie rod that I never use anymore Bought it like 15 years ago That's inflasion tho. As for those fancy G-Loomish guy's I won't mention any Name's I catch alot of fish with my $20 Poles.......LOL :D

·
Registered
3,873 Posts
stop makin fun of me........u know how sensitive I am. :cry:

and it`s G.Loomis not loomish. inflation not inflasion. :D

·
Registered
453 Posts
I think I'll be getting 2 rods. Toothdoc, have you ordered from these guys before and do you know how much shipping is?

·
Registered
5,181 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
No, I haven't ordered from them before. If 3 or more rods are ordered, the shipping is free. That brings down the prices of the rods below $50, which is a great price. If some of us want rods, we should work out a deal and order them together to get the best price and free shipping.

·
Registered
5,181 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Aris, I just looked at that rod that you want. With the discount it comes out to $37.50 without any tax or shipping charges. That same rod retails for $80, but that is for this years model which is slightly nicer. That is just too good of a price to pass up. I may need to get a couple of rods.

·
Registered
5,181 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Augy, that sounds like a great idea. It's worth a try. I don't think that they will, since they already have these poles discounted over 50% when you get three. Also, since they are getting rid of old stock I wonder how many they really have. They might only have one of each pole.

·
Registered
453 Posts
I was thinking the same thing about them being low in stock. They are already selling out on some of them.

·
Registered
5,181 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Why doesn't everyone who wants a rod make a post here so that we can get an idea.

1. PC66MHF

·
Registered
3,873 Posts
Do we have to get 3 of the same rods ?

1 - 20 of 66 Posts