Chicago Fishing Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
959 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Was going to go fishing somewhere else tonight, but my wife mentioned going out for dinner and I couldn't turn that down. After dinner she mentioned we could stop at the little lake by the house and walk around it while fishing. So we took an hour and casted some inline spinners as we walked. Got quite a few taps from small bass and bluegill, but nothing stuck until I got about 3/4 of the way around the lake when I landed a huge 6" bass :? . Oh well, it was still a fish. Continued around the lake and about 10 minutes later hooked up into this little laddy. This one ended up being a solid and healthy 14".

I missed another 11-12" bass on the very next cast. Got a few more little taps and decided to head back home. I was pleasantly surprised to find a decent sized fish in this lake. It can't be more than 3 acres. It was an hour well spent I think and it was a better fish than I have caught at Deep Lake in the last month.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.