Chicago Fishing Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Had to get out again, the smallies were calling. Fished the same spot I’ve hit several times recently, believing that it held more fish than I’ve encountered, and I was right.

The rain really swelled the river and pushed the fish into a large pool/eddy behind a line of larger boulders. Perfect spot in any season, really, but even more so in higher and colder water.

Landed 4 fish (15-18”), had 5 more bites. Some thumping bites, some weight bites, but in no case did the fish move off with the bait.

All bites were on a tube (thanks mike_son for getting me back on one of my faves) rigged “stupid style” with a 1/8oz head.
Glasses Smile Vertebrate Goggles Sunglasses

Goggles Vertebrate Smile Sunglasses Fisherman

Smile Sunglasses Goggles Sky Fisherman

·
Registered
378 Posts
Congratulations nice looking smallmouth you had better luck than I did today I hope to get out one more time this year

·
Registered
732 Posts
Nice work! Good to hear that eddy worked out well with the bump in flow. Now you know they're around that area, just sometimes scattered at lower flows. The catches will help you build confidence in fishing for them when you inevitably start to think "WTF am I doing fishing in the middle of winter?".

·
Registered
201 Posts
Nice catches BBoy 10!
I've been wondering about Jdmdog too! Maybe he's taken up another hobby, he seemed to have mastered fishing.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts