Chicago Fishing Forum banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Super Moderator
6,231 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
With the weather and fishing heating up, Yami invited me out for a short pond trip in his area. Yami knows this particular pond well and when he arrived he offered me the "hot lure." Myself being stubborn said no, I will throw my Bandit Crankbait. Yami decided to throw some weird spinnerbait/buzzbait hybrid bait. He was making some casts over some submerged timber and stated that he had a hit. After peppering that area with crankbaits for 10 minutes before he arrived I told him he was delusional and he was only ticking the wood. I head down the bank and Yami points to a tree and tells me to make sure I work that area particurly well. About 5 minutes later I am fishing the spot and hook up. I look over my shoulder and Yami is hooked up as well, and he is yelling it is a HAWG. I would agree :wink:

We continued to work down the bank with the guide working courteously behind me :lol: After awhile again Yami tells me to stand in a certain area and fancast the special bait he had brought out. I agreed and made cast after cast after cast. I was just about to give up before this girl hammered it.

I made a few more casts and lost another that bulldawged on me and threw the bait. Thanks to Yami for playing the gracious guide. I hope to return the favor soon.

BTW- The secret bait is certainly not a secret to most on the board. Simple but always effective.

·
Registered
3,873 Posts
Amazing fish guys ! Hawgs for sure :shock:

I never tried that bait looks like I will have to !

·
Registered
258 Posts
It always nice to have you join me for an afternoon on the Hawg Highway. The Double was the best part. The Honey hole is heating up, have to get you out when we can get a nice bag of 10 or more.

·
Registered
1,077 Posts
sum nice fish guys!!! :D

just a quick question, i added chatters to my tackle this year...

and tied one on once this year so far....but am not actually sure how i would work this bait????

On the package it says it a spinnerbait, crankbait and a jig....like how do i fish it. swim it??? bounce it.???? i dunno?

any tips???

thanks and again NICE bassers :D :D

JayPee

·
Super Moderator
6,231 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
My best luck is slow rolling it like a spinnerbait. I keep the rod tip low and slowly reel it back in just fast enough to vibrate the blades and mantain random bottom contact. Along the way it will bump timber, rock, ect. When it catches weeds the blades will stop vibrating. A quick jerk almost always clears the bait and will often trigger strikes as well. My favorite feature of the chatterbait is the ability to work it at all depths. It has the ability to be cast 1 foot off the bank or counted down to 30 feet and maintain its depth for the most part. One of the better search lures out there IMO and it is the type of bait that will catch fish for all anglers, regardless of skill level (my wife).

·
Registered
258 Posts
sum nice fish guys!!!

just a quick question, i added chatters to my tackle this year...

and tied one on once this year so far....but am not actually sure how i would work this bait????

On the package it says it a spinnerbait, crankbait and a jig....like how do i fish it. swim it??? bounce it.???? i dunno?

any tips???
Matt is on the money. I had the problem as well with this bait when I first started using it. It took a little time to get the nitch of it. Once you start cathing fish with it you'll catch on quickly.

Well done guys! Good looking fish! I might just have to try chatters a little more this year
TDOC THESE DO NOT WORK IN DEEP LAKE :lol:

·
Registered
2,627 Posts
Nice Bass guys.. That's my favorite color :D , expecially with a blue or green Yamamoto Trailer ;)

1 - 20 of 25 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.