Chicago Fishing Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
597 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am tired of this gulp alive leaking everywhere, It stained my car seat last night.

would putting the juice in a GLAD container do anything or would it melt that plastic away.

Im probally going to put it in a glass pickle jar.

What does everyone think.

Thanks
Dom

·
Registered
5,181 Posts
The consensus is that all of the containers leak. I guess it's a good product but the containers aren't. I see no problem with putting it into another container that has a tighter lid. The other option is to put the gulp container into a large Ziplock bag.

·
Registered
86 Posts
Try screwing the container cap really tight it worked for me but my buddy had the same problem with his container so he put it in a pickel jar and that leaks too but it is a good idea. By the way im not impressed with the Gulp Alive im sticking with the original Gulp and will just use the juice too recharge them.

·
Registered
597 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Rob Busse said:
Try screwing the container cap really tight it worked for me but my buddy had the same problem with his container so he put it in a pickel jar and that leaks too but it is a good idea. By the way im not impressed with the Gulp Alive im sticking with the original Gulp and will just use the juice too recharge them.
how could that possible leak

·
Registered
86 Posts
I don't know how my buddy had it leak out of a pickel jar but it did, also another bit of advice I picked up from a baitshop owner in Wisconsin is not too pull the seal off, just pull it back a little bit.

·
Registered
563 Posts
Rob was talking about a mustard jar actually, it leaked all over my tackle bag a real smelly mess. Me and him both agreed to stick with the bags, I got enough junk thrown in my bag as it is. I also think the bag gulp is a lil more lifelike. The gulp alive is kinda stiff. Most people agree the fish striking is no different on either, so im becoming a bag man.

·
Super Moderator
6,237 Posts
I saw in the Cabelas Fall magazine that they now have a spray can to rejuvenate Gulp Alive. I think I would have a coranary if someone was spraying baits down in the boat. That stuff is nasty. What I have seen mostly is people ziplocking the bag and then putting it in another secure container.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.