Chicago Fishing Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hit up Half Day pond and the pits on Friday, the pits were very active around dusk, didn't get any though, but hooked up two of the recently stocked bass in the Half Day pond and promptly threw them back. Saw a couple nice largemouth jumpn.
A couple of guys said there are stripers and crappie in the pits, i know its connected to DPR and didn't think stripers would be in the pit, what do you guys usually see in the half day pits?

·
Registered
506 Posts
is half day pond on half day road. in vernon hills or linconshire

·
Registered
817 Posts
I stopped by briefly on Friday. I would never go back. Lots of garbage especially empty cans of corn. I tried rapala and senkos w/no takers, not a big surprise. Looks like no more than a carp pond. Not much depth especially the smaller pond. I'd be very surprised if it's stocked with bass.

This is the bigger pond. Smaller one looks ankle deep at most.

·
Registered
506 Posts
i googled earth the dpr by townline. if u go down milwaukee twds 176 theres ponds behind the holister building. im sure its private but i work in mundelein. anyone in area who wants to try it ouy pm me. looks like overflow from river u never know. i also been trying the canoe launch the island has a nice channel but havent had a long outing yet. 294 sucks after 3 dont wanna be stuck in rush hour. has anyone had luck by canoe launch it just looks like so much promise.

·
Registered
817 Posts
wolfriverfisher15 said:
i have fished there and on the dock/pier i have had some good crappie action i have caught some good bass out of there as well
Perhaps we're talking about a different place. I walked around almost the entire pond as it's not that big but didn't see any pier or the dock. It's located right across from the Lincolnshire police station.

·
Registered
2,627 Posts
CatchNRelease said:
i googled earth the dpr by townline. if u go down milwaukee twds 176 theres ponds behind the holister building.
If its the quarry I am thinking of, I fished it and got a big ticket and points off my fishing license... :oops: I will never be back there... if it's the one I am thinking of. This was when I was 16 years old. But I do wanna go back sometime... :lol:

·
Registered
71 Posts
babyduke said:
wolfriverfisher15 said:
i have fished there and on the dock/pier i have had some good crappie action i have caught some good bass out of there as well
Perhaps we're talking about a different place. I walked around almost the entire pond as it's not that big but didn't see any pier or the dock. It's located right across from the Lincolnshire police station.
fished there today, something hit my crankbait but let go right by shore, also there was a monster bass maybe 12iches from shore, just sitting there, threw everything in front of him ,but nothing...
some kid that drove by on a bike said there are bass,pike, and even musky in the lake... i dunno if i believe him. i always see bucketheads around that when i drive by, and i saw atleast 15 bobers stuck in the trees, and tons of worm boxes, and dead suckers.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.