Chicago Fishing Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Hello, I am hoping that all you fine anglers out there can give me a helping hand. I have only recently started trying to find good fishing in my backyard. I have been getting skunked in the lagoons and in my couple stabs at the river (at Ashland). I work in the loop and was thinking about going over to the Burnham harbor area after work. I was hoping for location and bait suggestions. I am willing to target any species as long as it results in some good fishing. So what do you think; carp, smallies, perch, trout? Really just want a few good fights.

·
Registered
1,092 Posts
still early for trout/ KINGS! :D :D

If you want fight...you should go for carp! or big sheephead...they all over the place.

I myself would fish for bass...largemouth and smallmouths.
bass jigs, Crankbaits, and Tubes or small creature baits. (baby Beavers, Berkly Beasts)

i dont get why the poll is added? :?

JayPee

·
Registered
609 Posts
if u feel like eating go for perch

I usually go for both after i get a limit of perch

for perch use drop shot rig with a small minnow

or use a jig with a minnow

for bass use plastics like storm gobi or tube baits.

I got a nice smallie on a YUM Dinger the other night I rigged it whacky style and got about 4 small smallies and one big one

·
Registered
42 Posts
Question: Now when you fish at Burnham do you fish on the inner part (Where the boats are docked.) or on the outter part of the wall (The Lake side.)?

Sorry if this is a dumb question...

My dad always told me "There are no such things as a dumb question... Just dumb people." :)

·
Registered
56 Posts
SAC said:
Question: Now when you fish at Burnham do you fish on the inner part (Where the boats are docked.) or on the outter part of the wall (The Lake side.)?

My dad always told me "There are no such things as a dumb question... Just dumb people." :)
Behind Mccormick, between the shed and the adler (lakeside), north end of harbor (the opposite wall of lakeside), theres other but this is a good starting point.

·
Registered
42 Posts
joelreiser said:
SAC said:

Behind Mccormick, between the shed and the adler (lakeside), north end of harbor (the opposite wall of lakeside), theres other but this is a good starting point.
OK thanks!

I made a google map with the points that you made reference to here. Do you think these look close?

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.