Chicago Fishing Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,092 Posts
i saw about 100 dead carp as well...last thursday....but only carp.

there are some nice fish in there tho...smallmouth/ largemouth...i have heard of walleyes....nice bunch of crappies...but my opinion is it best for channel cats. :wink:

some old photos from Harper.

JayPee

PS the ponds inside the campus used to be gems :wink:

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Nice Smally JayPee. Also, thanks for all who posted replies. In regard to the dead/dying carp, that sounds like a controlled kill as I know from walking the lake last year, there were tons of carp, as well as some huge ones. I noticed them in the main lake and in abundance behind the pump house in what is essentially a 2-3 foot deep pond fed by the lake and also a lake in a residential area on the other side of Euclid/Lake.

I included a link to a page on carp abatement. Thanks again, I will fish this Harper over the weekend and report to you the good, bad, and ugly. Happy fishing!

http://www.feral.org.au/content/feral-f ... thcarp.cfm

P.S. I am hoping this link was done properly, if not please just copy and paste. I'm about as good with computers as I am catching fish with no hook.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.