Chicago Fishing Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
369 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
went out to harrier lake this morning with my pops to find that the perch just werent biting. i think the cold front pushed them deep. went to pickerel lake because we wanted to try it out. he caught a decent 20" pike on a very small minnow under a slip bobber. the thing was missing half of its mouth on the opposite side of where he hooked it. we landed it and got a quick picture then let her go free. hope it's alright. would definitely go back there. that lake has alot of nice structure. another real cool guy who i met there who was a member of just about every chicago fishing forum except this one :roll: ,caught a real nice four pound bass on a chartreuse and blue spinnerbait. sadly, i had a bad day today with no big fish. about 4 or 5 bass fingerlings though.

·
Registered
828 Posts
Which one is Harrier?

I went out there this morning, and threw a little bit o' everything in Catfish pond. Spotted a lot of L-mouths between 4"-8". Was attempting to try Pickerel, but I was picking up tons of the white cottony crap on every cast. I'm going to go back with a spro frog and some weedless plastics and work the weed mats. With the heat, they should be there.

Attachments

·
Registered
428 Posts
tough break at least pops hit em

·
Registered
95 Posts
samurai said:
Which one is Harrier?

I went out there this morning, and threw a little bit o' everything in Catfish pond. Spotted a lot of L-mouths between 4"-8". Was attempting to try Pickerel, but I was picking up tons of the white cottony crap on every cast. I'm going to go back with a spro frog and some weedless plastics and work the weed mats. With the heat, they should be there.
heads up those ponds back there had a fish kill. There aren't any decent sized bass in there anymore unless they restocked some breeders.

·
Registered
828 Posts
Due to temporary river burnout, I felt the need to return to my largemouth roots and give Harrier & Pickerel another chance. Hit two on each with spro frog in the slop, plus this in Pickerel with a blue/chrome rat/trap.There are 3+ pounders in both. :)

Attachments

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.