Chicago Fishing Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3,777 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys...need your help. Any advice for this weekend on fishing Lake Galena? The weekend itself looks pretty sweet weather wise but lately my fishing quota has been shaky. I need to get that confidence back. Any suggestions are welcome. Should I stick with the live bait or what do ya think I should toss? I'm gonna be in a boat and would like to catch what's biting. I'm not limited to the largemouth but just in case they are sluggish any insight would be appreciated.

Should I fish deep or work the weedlines should i focus on the coves/inlets or hit the main lake. Soft plastics still or should I be tossing some cranks? I'll be checking in before I go out there so it's not too late to reply.

Hopefully I'll have something to show for it Sunday or Monday!

JB

·
Registered
3,777 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Ha....yeah those worked pretty well for me in the spring and I've had some response sporadically from those recently. Got them in the bag just in case. Thanks.

·
Super Moderator
6,237 Posts
Whatever you decide to do, it would be wise to spend a little time throwing big baits for the Tiger Musky in there. There is a decent population with minimal pressure and this recent weather has been perfect for getting them active again.

·
Registered
382 Posts
FishinMatt said:
Whatever you decide to do, it would be wise to spend a little time throwing big baits for the Tiger Musky in there. There is a decent population with minimal pressure and this recent weather has been perfect for getting them active again.
Wish I had known that 2 weeks ago. Had a family vacation up there, made a 3 day weekend out of it.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.