Chicago Fishing Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,535 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We will be out by oak park around noon or 1pm and fish till dark. I will be out there with a couple other guys. Anyone is welcome to join us. just look for a blue Fish trap pro with a jiffy gas auger beside it, a box looking shanty very small that says viking on it, use to be my old shanty sold it to my buddy Tim for $40, and a black farbill with a red gas auger beside it. No BSing just fishing. Depending on the snow on the ice which I am hopeing that some of it is padded down from the ATV's and snowbile's start deep for those whites then move in shallow right before dark. I am hoping that the crops will turn on right before dark and into the dark as the warm front starts to move in but its still the role of the dice.

·
Registered
3,777 Posts
Good luck up there I'm not really up for the drive otherwise I'd meet you guys there. I recently bought a Viking that must have been sitting in the shop's attic cuz the pic on it is from the '70's I swear. Couldn't beat the price tho 85 "brand new". I'll probably be hittin' the pond. :wink:

Stay warm.

·
Registered
1,535 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Well guys there is some good news and bad news I found out at Lee's Bait Shop from Rich who runs a guide services
called Water & Critters. Good news there is 12" to 14" of ice and the bad news is that there is a foot of space between the water and ice. I dont know if its true or not be but we are not taking the chance and heading some where else which dont know possible Bangs.

·
Registered
497 Posts
with these temps a foot of open water between the shore? well good luck il be goin south to sublette with my girlfriend and her family they have a camper at woodhaven lakes..........im planning on doing some ice fishing hopefully ill get some trout and to do some snowmobling............by the way wat do you recommend for trout bait?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.