Chicago Fishing Forum banner

Heading Out Pistakee Saturday 1-17 afternoon - Evening

1K views 4 replies 4 participants last post by  junglejim 
#1 ·
We will be out by oak park around noon or 1pm and fish till dark. I will be out there with a couple other guys. Anyone is welcome to join us. just look for a blue Fish trap pro with a jiffy gas auger beside it, a box looking shanty very small that says viking on it, use to be my old shanty sold it to my buddy Tim for $40, and a black farbill with a red gas auger beside it. No BSing just fishing. Depending on the snow on the ice which I am hopeing that some of it is padded down from the ATV's and snowbile's start deep for those whites then move in shallow right before dark. I am hoping that the crops will turn on right before dark and into the dark as the warm front starts to move in but its still the role of the dice.

#2 ·
Good luck up there I'm not really up for the drive otherwise I'd meet you guys there. I recently bought a Viking that must have been sitting in the shop's attic cuz the pic on it is from the '70's I swear. Couldn't beat the price tho 85 "brand new". I'll probably be hittin' the pond. :wink:

Stay warm.

#3 ·
Well guys there is some good news and bad news I found out at Lee's Bait Shop from Rich who runs a guide services
called Water & Critters. Good news there is 12" to 14" of ice and the bad news is that there is a foot of space between the water and ice. I dont know if its true or not be but we are not taking the chance and heading some where else which dont know possible Bangs.

#4 ·
with these temps a foot of open water between the shore? well good luck il be goin south to sublette with my girlfriend and her family they have a camper at woodhaven lakes..........im planning on doing some ice fishing hopefully ill get some trout and to do some snowmobling............by the way wat do you recommend for trout bait?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.