Chicago Fishing Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
5,340 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am heading out to deep lake Thursday 9-14 to fish (and test out a carb
rebuild on my motor) if any would like to join in let me know.

Weather looks good sunny and 70's

They are open on week days right?

·
Administrator
5,357 Posts
They are indeed open on weekdays, Mike. Let us know how you do and good luck!

·
Registered
5,340 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
As long as I don't have to row .....it will be a good day :lol:
Should be fine Thanks

I'll let you know how it goes....

·
Registered
5,340 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks Bassman

I hope the rain stops. Looks like it's going to be sunny by morning

Not expecting much on the fishing side with all the rain but it's a day with fishing and fish finder & motor test. So if the fish are not on.
I'll just run a few tanks of gas through the motor and mess with the fish finder features. I have the motor/fish finder both running well in a tank but to fine tune the motor ya got to get it under a full load.

·
Registered
5,181 Posts
Sure sounds like it beats a day at work. Just remember that a bad day of fishing beats a good day at work. Good luck.

·
Registered
5,340 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
that it does doc. :lol:

·
Registered
3,873 Posts
Good luck Mike !

·
Registered
5,340 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Deep Lake temps in the 70's wind light water 67 , clouds and sun

With all the rain the bite was very slow. There were 4 boats on the lake. The 2 I spoke to were on a big skunko for the day. I managed 2 bass in the boat.(both on the good ole Jitter Bug) Missed a few (one big one deep in the lilly pads at the north east end of the lake... man it was a big strike shook my head for quite a while after that one) I saw some HUGE bass by the docks on the east side 2 very large bass but they were not going for anything I threw at them. (Senko, jitter, pop-r, double slug-go) The senko got the most attention but they just looked at it and swam off. I could see them with the sun at the angle it was. They were right there!!!! :evil:

Good news ....motor fixes worked like a champ.

Got home and had to get my son to football so I stoped by Belleau from 5:00 to 7:00 and got one very nice fish 14" lmb(no camera shot) :cry:

So all in all a fun day....beats going to work :wink:

Oh ya i got to see the picture of the 8lb bass caught there... it was a very big fish for sure

·
Registered
3,873 Posts
Nice report Mike,glad u hooked into some topwater action,I usually keep a rod rigged with a 3" Kalins grub for tossing under those docks.

Ya that 8lber was massive.

·
Registered
5,340 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I did not ask if the 8lb bass was released or not . I sure hope so

1 - 13 of 13 Posts