Chicago Fishing Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,602 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm heading out to montrose just in case somebody wants to come or is heading out themselves. I'll be at the mouth of the harbor. it's now 6:55pm. i'll be there until they kick my arse out. later dudes.

·
Registered
5,340 Posts
good luck ...let us know how it goes.

·
Premium Member
2,602 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
well, no luck whatsoever. no luck for everybody that was out. as i was walking toward the mouth, saw several guys walking to their cars with empty nets and grim faces. only one was reported caught and my buddy was out there since 5pm til when we left around 10:15. oh well, it can only get better right.

·
Registered
453 Posts
That's not good news. When I went last week on Friday, I saw about 4 caught within a half hour...from like 10:10 to 10:40 (when we got kicked out). I also must have seen at least three lost. But...there were west winds last Friday. I'm going to try tomorrow night in WI. Looks like there's going to be some south winds. Saturday morning...I haven't decided yet between Montrose and Independence Grove. That will depend on how tomorrow goes. If I do you to IG, there's a much better chance that I'll get some nice fish, like some nice bass and/or northern. I'm kind of getting tired of going for kings and getting skunked. IMO it would be more fun to go get some nice bass, rather than get skunked casting for hours.

·
Registered
5,181 Posts
Phil, where are you planning on going to in Wisconsin? Last year my son and I went to Racine and he caught one. He was really thrilled.

·
Registered
453 Posts
toothdoc said:
Phil, where are you planning on going to in Wisconsin? Last year my son and I went to Racine and he caught one. He was really thrilled.
I'm not exactly sure yet. Just have to get out of IL...I'm so tired of having to stop fishing because of the cops, just as the action is getting good.

·
Premium Member
2,602 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
phil said:
toothdoc said:
I'm not exactly sure yet. Just have to get out of IL...I'm so tired of having to stop fishing because of the cops, just as the action is getting good.
you can always go to waukegan phil. good action and you can fish 24/7. you have a couple choices too. south rocks or govt. pier.

·
Registered
5,181 Posts
Yes, Waukegan was supposedly elbow to elbow last night. Kenosha and Racine are usually pretty busy on the weekends too though.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts