3,736 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Sky Cloud Fisherman Fish Recreational fishing

Sky Water Cloud Fisherman Fish

Plant Sky Water Fisherman Sunglasses

Sky Vertebrate Water Body of water Fisherman

Cloud Water Sky Fisherman Sunglasses

Water Sky Vertebrate Plant Fisherman

I got a text from our old buddy Dave AKA Heddonfrog. For those of you that weren’t aware he moved to Florida a few months ago.

He is settled in, bought some yaks and is now working his magic in the Sunshine State.

He just caught a 8 lb 10 oz bass and has added some other species as well.

I asked his permission to post the pics and he consented. He also sends his love. LOL

~JOE~

·
Super Moderator
6,283 Posts
Was wondering where he went! A couple of my high school anglers have boat access to Heddons old honey hole and I wow them with tales of Heddons epic posts. Tell that old fart he can still post on WCF from time to time while he is in Florida.

·
Registered
282 Posts
Thanks for posting the pics! Always cool to see big fish, especially this time of year.
I'm guessing that last fish is a big pickerel, but I just learned there are pike in the panhandle of Florida.
I guess you'd call small ones, Panhandle-hammer-handles. ; )

·
Registered
3,736 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
That is a pickerel. They don’t get as big as Northern Pike but still have that ornery disposition.
I have caught them in the panhandle like you said. I have a few incidental catches here as well.

~JOE~

·
Registered
1,912 Posts
Hello all! Hope everyone is well. I leave for a couple months and the whole place looks completely different. Love the new look and photo uploader (edit: I have some learning to do with the uploader) Jen and I are having a great time in Florida. I think we’re going to enjoy these winters for the rest of our lives. There’s one good thing about living up north and not being a die hard ice fisherman, I had months to recuperate from all my nagging repetition injuries. No such luck down here. Fished so much the first 3-4mos that I’ve fallen apart. Both elbows, left bicep tendon and the perennial back issues. I’ve had to resort to buying lefty reels to give my left bicep a break. Anyhow, I was rigging up for a river outing on the Hillsborough river tomorrow and you guys popped into mind. I think it was moving aside a bottle of pork frogs that was the trigger lol Joe said he was going to post a couple of fish and I thought I’d add some of the nicer ones since I sent him those. The one where I’m sitting is the first big one in the new Hobie PA14 (we picked up his & hers PA’s and Jen’s loving adventuring in hers) so in order 5-2, 7-4, 5-1, 6-9, 7-6 (yak fish), and 6-7.
Smile Shorts Sky Water Active shorts

Shirt Water Photograph Muscle People in nature

Clothing Photograph Hat Smile Sunglasses

Goal for 2022 is 25 over 5lbs, I have 10 now and only 5 are 5lbdrs. I’m not going to go hard on in-shore fishing until I catch a 10+ But the sons and I did a snook/redfish charter and had a blast. We’re only 25 minutes from the bay so I will start salt fishing more than I have been, though fighting a big snook or red will kill the bicep and elbows. I’ll try and do updates sooner than every year and a half 😁 Cheers all!
Fisherman Sleeve Fish Fishing Water

Glasses Fisherman Fish Sunglasses Sky

Sky Cloud Water Plant Fisherman

Cloud Sky Vertebrate Shorts Fisherman

Water Sky Boat Fisherman Fish

Sky Fisherman Fish Tree Plant

Attachments

·
Registered
932 Posts
Welcome back. Great pictures with everyone looking well, happy and catching fish and those are some nice-looking fish. Bass putting on the feed bag all year down there, should be able to find that big one.

1 - 20 of 37 Posts