Chicago Fishing Forum banner
21 - 37 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
1,912 Posts
As Woo mentioned I got my first Redfish and she was a bruiser. I was super happy because I caught it on a spook. I really can’t stand live bait fishing and want to get a nice snook on an artificial too. Also caught my first sheepshead but it wasn’t big enough to keep. The redfish was but had no cooler with. Wont make that mistake again. Currently under doctors orders to rest my elbows/bicep and since they were painful enough, I’m listening for once. Here’s a few recent catches before my fishing moratorium. The bass are all 5’s.
Water Boat Lake Sky Fisherman

Jaw Fish Fisherman Fishing Ray-finned fish

Fisherman Fish Outdoor recreation Fishing Recreational fishing

Vertebrate Fisherman Outdoor recreation Fish Fishing

·
Registered
1,912 Posts
Yeah man. Them redfish can really pull.

~JOE~
At no point in that fight did I feel like I was in control lol 😂 if those hooks hadn’t been securely pinned she would have easily gotten off. I really need to pick up a 180 drive so I can back away during a fight. She got under the yak and ripped off 20-30’ of line and trying to get my line around the front wasn’t pretty. Btw I hooked into a mid-30’s Red and it ripped half a spool of line on a 3000 size reel like I didn’t even have tbe drag on. Ended up pulling the hook but Jesus what a freight train

·
Registered
943 Posts
Thats a beast red! Caught some dinker reds, but never a tank like that.
Seems as though FL is agreeing with you. Stay cool the next few months, & watch that sun, its vicious down that way!

21 - 37 of 37 Posts