Chicago Fishing Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey everyone. I've never fished Heidecke before but I want to make a trip up sometime in the next few weeks. I was just wondering what people were catching and with what. I'll probably fish from shore and try to pick up some hybrids, walleyes, and the largemouths and smallmouths. I've got a cousin who fishes Heidecke every once in a while and he said the strippers haven't quite turned on yet but should soon, so I'm just trying to get the expert opinions. Thanks for the info.

CT

·
Registered
126 Posts
this is far from an expert opinion but simply a piece of nightcrawler on a hook with a few splitshots will work. last time i was out there (early this month) we caught an 18 and 15 in. walleye and seen a lot of people having success. don't get rattled if you have a bad day on that lake though, it is truly a great lake with great--possible state record fish in it. let us know how you do.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I'll let you know how I do and post a picture or two. Like I said, I've never fished the lake before but it's close to half-way between me and a friend of mine as well as close to my cousin and her husband.

I'll be fishing from shore, so is there anything else I need to know? I'll probably be throwing some lures as well, so is there anything I need to know about that?

·
Registered
126 Posts
DaWakoKid said:
I'll let you know how I do and post a picture or two. Like I said, I've never fished the lake before but it's close to half-way between me and a friend of mine as well as close to my cousin and her husband.

I'll be fishing from shore, so is there anything else I need to know? I'll probably be throwing some lures as well, so is there anything I need to know about that?
i've only fished from shore once, 2 popular spots are the bridge on the center dike and the porta-poty on the center dike.

all of the fishable land is retention pond rocks. it gets hot out there and there is no shade....

as for lures try x-raps, lipless crankbaits, spinnerbaits, and texas rigged plastics.

·
Registered
23 Posts
i've only fished from shore once, 2 popular spots are the bridge on the center dike and the porta-poty on the center dike.[/quote]

I was going to go out mid june with my boat. First time as well. Any good spots to try?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.