Chicago Fishing Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
511 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
where do the northern hide in there and what do they bite on? i went there today after catching nothing at the dpr bridge on belmonte and r.road. i was talking to a guy and said there were BIG fish and pike...so went for a few minutes....saw a nice bass and a few gills but thats it...help! whats in there and what does whatever is in there bite on? please help

·
Premium Member
969 Posts
ya well there are big northers in there use golden roaches under a bobber thats the trick for those guys and guys plesae dont keep them to eat they have some nasty disesae i had them tested and plus lets keep it fun fishing in there the bass are hugh i got a 4lber before on the bottom with a nightcrawler i got a 15 inch crappie with a fathead minnow and tons more

·
Registered
158 Posts
for the pike use golden roaches like root said or throw some spoons, i would never eat anything out of that pond because most of the fish come in from the DP river, i pretty much never keep fish from any pond,lake,river

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.