Chicago Fishing Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3,264 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Fished in Cary off the fox for anything that would bite. Decent gills 1 crappie and a bonus largie made for a fun 60 minutes, Only another old timer and myself made for a enjoyable timeI used waxies or crappie nibbles and the old dude was using redworms. Was checked by Consevation guys ... nice to see them making the rounds.

·
Registered
5,840 Posts
That's a good fall spot for the crappies. shhhh!!

I never made it last fall - ice came upon us too quickly. I launched the kayak out of there once, crossed the river and fished the channels and got skunked.

·
Registered
5,840 Posts
I hadn't seen that one, looks cool. I'm looking to motorize mine, but a big trolling battery and motor would be too heavy. I have an old gas 1.2 hp that might be ideal - only weighs about 20 lbs. Gotta see if I can fix the starter and get it going.

I gave up on canoe fishing. It was too tedious loading and unloading and tying down. The kayak slides inside my van and only sticks out a couple feet and I'm off.

·
Registered
164 Posts
The only thing is a lot of places dont allow gas powered motors. Your right about the weight. My canoe has a trolling motor mounted to it and the battery is crazy heavy. I am thinking about starting to use a kayak but still making a decision weather to get an open or closed kayak.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.