Chicago Fishing Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
well been fishing alot lately mostly throwing baits i shouldn't be throwing :mrgreen:

Went out to round meadow and threw swimbaits for about 4-5 hours. Caught one nice bass on a 7 inch tru tungsten bluegill. The bass was 21 inches long, and my guess on weight was close to 6 or a little over 6 lbs.

For my retrieve, well I would just throw it out as far as I could past a weedline. I would make 2-3 revolutions cranking then pause for a minute or 2. Each cast would take between 2-8 minutes. As soon as i killed my bait on the weedline, I was talkn to my buddy fishn next to me. I turned around to see where my bait was and it disappeared, so i reeled in the extra slack and set the hook.

I should be going back over there either thursday or friday if anyone is interested in hookn up.

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
that lake i fished is actually called roundmeadow, but the back lake has produced a few smallies. I have heard of people catching them on roundmeadow as well, but nothing of size. They dug out the river a little bit, so now when east branch over flows it will dump into roundmeadow.

·
Registered
3,777 Posts
Dude that lure is freakin' huge....along with the bass it's attached to. I've gone to the lake up front a few times and found that it gets overgrown along alot of the shoreline with algae, long grass, etc. To overcome those obstacles is impressive. Thanks for the inspiration. JB

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
right now the aquatic vegetation isn't that bad. I was lucky enough to hook that bass only about 25 feet from shore. and bring her in quickly. With big baits come heavy setups. I'm throwing 25lb mono so i'm sure that also helps. Only thing is I do retie alot, just because i don't want to lose that expensive bait.

·
Registered
2,627 Posts
Nice Bass Max!!! hahah I have a few of them Kizmit swimmin gills. this one lost its tail to too many bass. 38 bucks a piece for one lure. Better hope you dont lose them on rocks like I do.... :oops:

Attachments

·
Registered
3,777 Posts
38 bucks a piece for a lure???? That's a bit rich for my blood. Knowing my luck I'd end up getting it snagged on a rock, tree, branch on the first cast.

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I hear ya wrenchn all my fish have come on the surface, but everytime i put those BB's in i get a little nervous letting it sink. They do run 50 bucks, and i only bought one, but so far its been doing its job!! I actually went out to hidden today and caught a 2 lber on it, working it through a fry ball. It was kind of cool to watch the bass only 10 feet out slam my bait on the surface. Hopefully soon i'll have another report up.

·
Registered
2,627 Posts
maxfish86 said:
I hear ya wrenchn all my fish have come on the surface, but everytime i put those BB's in i get a little nervous letting it sink. They do run 50 bucks, and i only bought one, but so far its been doing its job!! I actually went out to hidden today and caught a 2 lber on it, working it through a fry ball. It was kind of cool to watch the bass only 10 feet out slam my bait on the surface. Hopefully soon i'll have another report up.
Yea man, I know the feelin of losing a 44 dollar sumtin lure after taxes. well I believe they were 38.99 when on sale. So I grabbed 3 of them. :oops: LOL I have lost one already. It is light ripping a 50 dollar bill in half and throwing it away!

Nice fish though Max, you da man!

·
Premium Member
3,688 Posts
Great Job

Although I have a Crazy Obsession With Fishing.

I'd Never Spend that much for a lure. :shock:

But like you said, it's done its job :mrgreen:

Beautiful bass :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

- Geo

:D

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.