Chicago Fishing Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Administrator
5,361 Posts
The forest preserve behind me, Caldwell Woods is comlpetely under water. I took the dog for a walk and when we got to the trail, it was completely submersed and a small fish swam away - no kidding!

·
Registered
5,181 Posts
Parts of northern Wisconsin are under severe drought conditions. They have not been getting all of this rain that we have. My understanding is that they finally got some much needed rain yesterday. I read somewhere that LM is down almost 4 ft. from it's all time high and fast approaching record low levels that were set almost 40 years ago.

·
Registered
953 Posts
Yeah, this is nuts. Already this month the rainfall total is almost 14.5 inches of which we got over 6 inches in the last 7 days. And they are still calling for more rain over the next 4 days!

·
Registered
401 Posts
wow.. i was just on the chain saturday morning... didn't do crap for fishing, i got the skunkaroo and washhusky and his buddy rich got a couple teenie LM, a yellow bass, and a gill or two. we were targeting gills and crappies for the, but just couldn't find fish. we fished just about every lake on the chain too heh. i got out this morning from 6:00am-10:00am with a friend, though, at my private little hotspot and managed to land 18 7-9 inch gills, cut em up for a fish fry this weekend at a friend's house(the reason im not gonna be at the tournament saturday) all in all we got about 50-60 gills, 18 of which were keepers, i think we weighed it out at roughly 4 3/4 lbs of fish :D

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.