Chicago Fishing Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
236 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Whats good for fishing bass this next week?Any lake or river idk but i wanna do some bass fishing :D And when you give me a name of the lake or river what lure or bait should be used i really wanna get some bass.Mostly on a lure so what lure to be used?

·
Administrator
5,361 Posts
I'm pretty much done doing regular bass fishing for the season. BUT... bass can still be had at the Busse warm water discharge or the Northshore channel of the Chicago River. Minnows are the bait of choice.

·
Registered
2,628 Posts
Heck yeah they can be had at the NSC! By Howard, Foster, or anywhere else probably. I almost forgot about that place!!! Thanks for the reminder Jason. :D

Drop-shot minnows 12-18" off the bottom by the discharge. At the edges of the stronger current. You will be pleasently surprised. We have had a few really good days out there in the late fall early spring.

·
Registered
3,777 Posts
Now that Jason brings up the WWD at Busse you can pretty much find a variety of species at most of the WWD(warm water discharges) on any of the rivers/creeks with in the Chicagoland area. The Des Plaines has a couple, you would probably fair better with the ones located on the Fox River.

On the Des Plaines there is one in Burr Ridge that I know of.
On the Fox there is one in Geneva, Montgomery, S Elgin, Batavia, etc.

Minnows on a small bobber with small split shot and small hook floated in the outflow.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.