or spinner bait ! Iwas at a little pond yesterday and my son and I were
about to leave after a couple of dinks caught in two hours ,when I made
THE LAST CAST and the water just exploded and I ended up with a good
fight reeling in a 4 lb largemouth on ultralight 8) . What a way to end a
day!Next thing I gotta do is have my kid help me post some pictures :oops:

·
Registered
291 Posts
I've been fishing lure for years, and I still go on lure buying binges.
Not to mention reel buying binges, rod buying binges, etc.. etc... :lol:

·
Registered
825 Posts
Way to go Jim. Great fish.

To me it is all about fooling the fish into striking. I love the challenge of catching fish on artificials and live bait feels like cheating to me. Catching a big bass on plastics or a jig is a real accomplishment in my book. Good fishing.

·
Registered
654 Posts
I'm starting to feel like I have more lures than Dicks and Sports Authority. My arsenal keeps growing and I often forget what I have. Then I buy something that looks new and different and find out later that I already had two of the same thing.

·
Registered
1,089 Posts
It certainly is addicting I hit GDM probably 2 - 3 times a week and every time I say I don't need anything else. I moved a couple months back and found several bags from GDM stashed through out the house. I figure I found $300 worth of tackle, it was like Christmas.

·
Registered
5,181 Posts
SkunkedAgain said:
I'm starting to feel like I have more lures than Dicks and Sports Authority. My arsenal keeps growing and I often forget what I have. Then I buy something that looks new and different and find out later that I already had two of the same thing.
Welcome to the club. :D

·
Registered
825 Posts
I know where you guys are coming from!!

I worked part-time at a tackle shop several years ago and I bought soooo much. I would bring home a brown bag filled with lures and a few dollars from the paycheck every Friday. Because of working there for a couple years and buying so much, I haven't bought many new hard baits over the last couple years. Sure, I've bought a couple Big Os and some Sammys but that's about it.

But plastics, jigs, and hooks are constantly getting purchased. I used to be pretty good about not overloading on plastics and jigs until I ran out of a very specific color one weekend. When I ran out, my bite died. Now I make sure I own several bags of everything I bring. I don't want that happening again. Good fishing!

·
Registered
3,777 Posts
Right there along side the rest of you. I bet if we put our collections together we could start up our own store....of course we would be our own best customers so the store would certainly go under. :lol:

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.