Chicago Fishing Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
825 Posts
Way to go Jim. Great fish.

To me it is all about fooling the fish into striking. I love the challenge of catching fish on artificials and live bait feels like cheating to me. Catching a big bass on plastics or a jig is a real accomplishment in my book. Good fishing.

·
Registered
825 Posts
I know where you guys are coming from!!

I worked part-time at a tackle shop several years ago and I bought soooo much. I would bring home a brown bag filled with lures and a few dollars from the paycheck every Friday. Because of working there for a couple years and buying so much, I haven't bought many new hard baits over the last couple years. Sure, I've bought a couple Big Os and some Sammys but that's about it.

But plastics, jigs, and hooks are constantly getting purchased. I used to be pretty good about not overloading on plastics and jigs until I ran out of a very specific color one weekend. When I ran out, my bite died. Now I make sure I own several bags of everything I bring. I don't want that happening again. Good fishing!

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.