Chicago Fishing Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
748 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yea some cool colors,i do well with them,with the metal lip you can tweek them to run different,long casts rod tip in the water i have hit bottom 13-14 ft,i got some of the bigger ones two.I found some more thunder cranks,one of them in a crayfish color,i bet that is the one for smallmouth at the lakefront

·
Premium Member
539 Posts
oldsalt said:
Yea some cool colors,i do well with them,with the metal lip you can tweek them to run different,long casts rod tip in the water i have hit bottom 13-14 ft,i got some of the bigger ones two.I found some more thunder cranks,one of them in a crayfish color,i bet that is the one for smallmouth at the lakefront
Yeah those metal lips really are second to none for sure. Along the breakwalls with the thundercranks the crayfish one does better but the key is you have to get close and parallel cast the outside edge with them for best results. We liked to hit some of those weedbeds and drop offs and a chartreuese with orange belly was the ticket over there. I should stop there before I lose my fishing buddies hehe TMI

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.