Chicago Fishing Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
248 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey guys i live in Lemont and i live about 3 and a half minutes from the Lemont Quarries but the problem is the quarries are tough i will admit there is one pond that holds big bass but these bass are pretty hard to fish for considering there stack on a wall in the middle of the lake but anyways these quarries are massive but there is one problem these quarries are crapp haha its like a waste of a huge lake its pretty sad if you ask me you got these huge lakes but all you got is mostly some small blue gills and a tiny bass here and there is it possible that i can persuade the town to stock them with walleye or pike and bass it would be great to see

·
Registered
1,293 Posts
You of all people are complaining about your local waters?LOL I still havent caught a bass all year. Also to some degree I think if there are dink bass in there not growing then prolly not worth alot of stocking effort. The lake probaly needs weeds and stuff installed. When they stock quarrys up north here they do it big like Ig and make a profit out the place instead of just making a nice bass lake.

·
Registered
350 Posts
I have been fishing those quarry's for over 25 years and they are far from being crap I have caught bass in two of them up to 23 inches and crappies up to 16 inches! the fishing has gone down from recent years ago since they opened them up to the public but on a good day I can still catch 10 to 15 bass from 2 to 5 lbs. Maybe if you get quit shore fishing them you might have some better luck as I catch all my fish float tubing them! :)

·
Registered
61 Posts
I agree completely with bossman41. ( and it's only a coincidence that my name is BOSSB83). I too live in Lemont and fish the quarries. I absolutely love them!!! Best piece of advice and can give to you is to keep at it. You really need to study and pay attention to every detail and learn as much about the terrain of the waters as possible. I am there at least 5 times a week from spring to fall. If you see someone in waders and wondering how the hell he got out there. That would be me :mrgreen: Tight lines everyone!!!

·
Administrator
5,370 Posts
I think it's a great question, DPR.

We all live near waters that we'd like to see become more productive for fishing.

We can argue, ad nauseum, the effects of the web or any other sources of information on local waters. But the bottom line is that we all want to have better fishing opportunities. Hopefully positives can come out of site like WCF or the other fine Chicago area fishing websites.

So how can we make fishing better, or get stocking on local waters, or enforce regulations? That's up to all of us - by sharing information responsibly and ethically. The internet and fishing report sites are never going to go away. We just need to use these tools to make fishing better, not worse. A challenge for sure - but a challenge nonetheless.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.