Chicago Fishing Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
609 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
How do u use a yum dinger. Texas Rigged. I can use one wacky stlyle. what type of hook do u use. I use a gamakatsu hook with the weight on the hook. Do u use it weightless. How do u move it. I was at deep and the hook i use wont stay weedless.

·
Registered
5,344 Posts
fishinnut28 said:
the hook i use wont stay weedless.
Try a skip gap hook. It will stay in place better :lol:
Dont use the 'slot'. Put the tip into the worm.

I don't bother with that slot thing :roll:

·
Registered
1,151 Posts
i wouldnt use a weight at all. thats the most natural presentation. just have patience and let it fall, it stays in the strike zone much longer without a weight, making it more and more tempting for the bass to grab it. good luck! as for hooks your good with just a 3/0 worm hook right through the middle of the worm. just have patience

·
Registered
3,882 Posts
Dingers are a little more durable than senkos but weigh a little less also.
I believe senkos have a little more action on the fall.

·
Registered
1,520 Posts
Cranked said:
And don't let Darth know you're using Gamakatsu even if you really are. Say you're using Owner hooks. LOL I think he'd rather see you using Eagle Claw snelled hooks.
Lmao....in my experience gama's tend to snap under heavy loads.

So it should be easy to understand why I prefer owner brand 8)

Here's a fairly ok vid on how to make a "Texas rig".

Personally I prefer them weightless=)

·
Registered
826 Posts
Cranked said:
And don't let Darth know you're using Gamakatsu even if you really are. Say you're using Owner hooks. LOL I think he'd rather see you using Eagle Claw snelled hooks.
I can't believe I am writing this but I think I actually prefer the Eagle Claw 1/0 weedless hook for the wacky technique. I won't use the Gammy anymore with that stiff, extra-wide weedguard and I just don't like the the look of the Mustad red weedless hooks I got. I've caught a bunch, and I mean a bunch, of bass this year with the cheap 'ole Eagle Claw hook. Why change? Maybe, I'll upgrade and get their premium (insert joke here) hook.

On a side note, I prefer Mustad over Gammy anyday. Mustad stays sharp longer and don't straighten up. I've heard that Owner is an improvement over the Mustad but I haven't tried 'em. Good fishing.

By the way, I just realized that I didn't address nut's post at all. I'll post it anyway.

·
Registered
457 Posts
I am not a fan of them. But, I think the most durable senko knock-off is the "Manns hard nose" alternative. I forget what Mann's calls the one they sell. But it is very durable. I still prefer the senko. I can usually only find senko brand in the 6" and 7". I will use dingers in 5" also.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.