Chicago Fishing Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i go fishing almost every chance i get,but it has been raining lately....i am new to "northern" fishing,and have no clue how to fish when the weather is sucking like it is now...."pike" is fish of choice,btw. :evil:

·
Registered
3,873 Posts
The fish are already wet , so I don`t think rain affects them 8)

It never rains under the water :)

·
Registered
52 Posts
Not sure about pike specifically, but most of the time the bite slacks off because the rain clouds up the water. A few weeks ago my two buddies and I went fishing/camping up at Pierce Lake. Unfortunately, that was also the weekend that the remains of a hurricane hit the area. It rained almost constantly all weekend. The only fish we caught were two largemouths during a 90 minute break in the rain right around dusk.

·
Super Moderator
6,254 Posts
In the Fall, I like the nasty weather for pike. It keeps most of the boats off the lake, and for whatever reasons, the bite always seems to be better then a day with high skies.

·
Registered
400 Posts
I have put on my full rainsuit and had some of the best fishing during a good heavy rain. I have found it will slow down right before (this usually sends all the other fishermen running for cover), when it really starts to come down the line gets slammed. DO NOT DO THIS IF THERE IS LIGHTNING NEARBY! I was with my brother on Lake Geneva and had some good fishing in the rain until it started to thunder and lightning; we high-tailed it off the water. Good Luck :wink:

·
Registered
1,611 Posts
rain is fantastic news for migrating fish that are gearing up for a shot up the tributaries (see pike river in kenosha)

I also like fishing in the rain, granted i have the right outfit for it. sucks to get all cold and wet...

·
Registered
1,089 Posts
I love rough weather for targeting toothy critters, find the wind blown bay and enjoy. as for bass my results seem to be hit or miss.

·
Registered
5,340 Posts
I would agree Light rain / Clouds ...act as cover..and seems to turn the bite on :lol:

I must admit I have not figured out the "Wind is your friend" thing :?

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
went fishing for about an hour...landed one little pike....stole it right out my friends sights...he cast his line at a topwater swirl,but then his girlfriend texted him...instead of worrying about the text after he reeled in,he just left his lure on the bottom....i was like"screw that" and cast right next to his and landed a 20-22 inch pike...i couldn't stop laughing... :twisted:

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.