Chicago Fishing Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,587 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I hope all of you are enjoying the summer and landing monster fish.

My question to the forum: What techniques do you use taking pictures of your fish while fishing alone? Whether it's just the fish alone or with you holding the fish. I was thinking about getting a small tri-pod for my camera. Any ideas?

·
Premium Member
2,602 Posts
leave the tripod at home dude. it'll just get in the way. besides, setting up the timer and messing around with the camera takes up precious seconds, sometimes minutes which could ultimately kill the fish. i know that's going to extremes but a photo op is not worth the chance, imo.

just snap a quick pic any way you can and release as soon as possible.

·
Registered
2,628 Posts
i agree with augy. A quick pic is all i need. i just make sure i stand with the sun behind me and no shadows on the fish so it looks ok. I enjoy looking at the fish on a big screen later on and zooming in really close and stuff like that, so just holding it out in front of the camera works out well.

·
Registered
3,777 Posts
Although alot of the self pics I take are not ideal I do have the timer on my digital down to a science. Very little time is used to snap a pic pointing away from the sun and glare. I check the pic to see that I got the fish and me in it and back goes the fish. The only time I have a bit of trouble finding a proper resting place for the camera to take a shot is when I'm wading and the shoreline is overgrown with brush. If you have a timer use it to it's fullest potential!!

One of the best investments I've ever made...doesn't go anywhere on the water with out me!

JB

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.