Chicago Fishing Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
563 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am going to give the river a shot in the new few days, Id like to find small mouth or anything else worth tracking. I personally have no idea where to get started to get my bearings. Any suggestions?

Not asking for honey holes, but I could use a tip on where to get a start. Where is a decent place to start some wading, And where some good boat launches are that are near worthwhile fishing territory?

All input would be appreciated.

·
Premium Member
3,688 Posts
I've Been hitting The Batavia area a lot lately from shore, I Love when The Waters up and the fish are predictable and bunched up :mrgreen: But In this case the water will be lower, there's nothing to it... where Would you hide to rest and feed when swimming through all that heavy current.... :?:

A nice Still piece of water would be nice :mrgreen:

something causing slack water....

a stick..

Rock...

Moose... :?:

well You get where I'm going.

I also may add...

I'm not a local fox angler so maybe someone can offer better advise.

But I have got 6+ each trip :wink:

iono..

think about it.

- GEO

:mrgreen:

·
Registered
150 Posts
Any area south of Elgin where there is typical smallmouth structure. I would wait a bit till the water slows down to wade. Plenty of action shorefishing though lately with cranks in the hight current.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.