Augy said:
when is the best month to fish texas? probably right now! lol
Sure looks like it !!!!!!!!!!!!

Just some moster Bass in this tourny

·
Registered
5,340 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
We talked about this (road trip)in the winter Tim and I think we have found a lake to try for next Spring Break :lol:

This lake has produced some monster bags of fish.....just sick

Check it out here.

http://proxy.espn.go.com/outdoors/bassm ... eaderboard

at this time( I am watching the weight in live....online) there are 12 guys that have now made the century mark
(100+) pounds...un heard of .... :shock: AND the next 12 are all in the 90's and 80's Sick !!!!!!!...This is the place ..it's down in Texas just on the mexico boarder ....

This is by far the biggest haul i have 'ever' seen on the Elite Series.....wow

...I think even we could catch a few.....LOL

Dam even one monster would make it worth while :wink:

·
Registered
453 Posts
Terry Scroggins! 5 fish 44lbs.!!!!! Thats almost a nine pound average. WTF
I fished Clear Lake last year while they were having the Golden State shootout. All the pro's said it was the best lake on the circuit. I guess they found a new favorite. I want to go there too.

·
Registered
5,340 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
"I wouldn't change a thing. It took me 45 years to have a day of fishing like that. You never know when it's going to happen again."
- Matt Reed, on whether he'd do anything different after setting the hook, landing and releasing a five-bass limit, conservatively estimated at 48 pounds during practice Monday

"This is the best lake I've ever fished. You've got something very special here. Take care of it."
- Skeet Reese, to the audience at Saturday's Lone Star Shootout weigh-in

"This is truly the bass fishing capital of the world."
- Shaw Grigsby, on Falcon Lake at Saturday's weigh-in

"I know I'm good for another 10 or 15 years, after it held up from all the abuse this week."
- Dustin Wilks, about his elbow, which was surgically repaired, causing him to miss a year of competition on the Elite Series

"These are the most volatile fish I've ever hooked in my life."
- Paul Elias, on the fighting ability of Falcon Lake's largemouth bass

"I've never in my life seen fish that are so mean."
- Marty Stone, on the bass in Falcon Lake

"You can say what you want about California. You can say what you want about Florida. But southern Texas and Falcon Lake has the best bass fishing in America."
- Scott Rook

"I've never seen anything like it. This is the best in the world."
- Mark Davis, on Falcon Lake

·
Registered
5,340 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Culprit said:
That was an awsome tourny ,can`t wait to catch it on the tube :shock:
Bassmasters
Lone Star Shootout
060 ESPN2
Sat, Apr 12, 8:00a - 9:00a
From Zapata, Texas.

·
Registered
5,340 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Carolina rig big worms on points from what I read

and Crank Baits on points

·
Registered
453 Posts
Wow, what a great show on ESPN. Paul Elias deep cranked the win while everyone else was fishing the largest plastics they could find. Ben Matsuba
was glueing senkos together!LOL They called this lake the El Salto of the U.S. I have a dream!

·
Registered
3,873 Posts
Watched the show last night and man were those things monsters :shock:

It was good to see the old man, Dr. Crankenstein( Paul Elias ) get the win :) with a whopping 132lbs of bass :shock:

·
Registered
2,627 Posts
Yea texas has some big bass. My buddy use to live there for about 5 years and got a 10+ lb bass out of Lake Fork in Texas... There are some nice bass down there in Texas! :D

Culprit, Thats amazing at 132lbs for a Weigh in. I wish I saw the show... This was over a 3 day tourney, correct?

·
Registered
3,873 Posts
It was a 4 day tourny so 20 fish at 132lbs is like over a 6.8lb average :shock:
It was funny watching these guys throwing back 5lb fish cuz they were too small .

·
Registered
2,627 Posts
Culprit said:
It was a 4 day tourny so 20 fish at 132lbs is like over a 6.8lb average :shock:
It was funny watching these guys throwing back 5lb fish cuz they were too small .
LOL, Thats awesome! Too bad I missed it

1 - 20 of 22 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.