Chicago Fishing Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
220 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I went to IG today. Nice to be back. Carp were everywhere. I told they were in spawn???? They were like bodies thrashing in the water. Bluegills seem to be on beds. Had a conversation with a fly fisherman he said the bass haven't gone to the beds yet. Maybe next week.

Spent from 8:30 to 1:00. Got this guy on a shaky headed pumpkin zoom worm. Had a couple on that I lost but had a great time.

I guess you can't believe everything you read on the internet.

·
Administrator
5,370 Posts
I have a feeling some reports will be coming in soon. IG is a quality fisherie, and we tend to follow the reports here at WCF. I might venture up there next week.

·
Registered
88 Posts
I agree with Jason...
I also think that some of us, are tired of tripping over other fisherman because it has been so crazy crowded this year with a lot of pressure. Maybe thats just my opinon, and I am speaking for myself; but I go there 2 -3 times a week and it was not like this the last couple of years. When you have people and boats on top of you, it can get frustrating. More so ...because some people don't respect people's space. Be courteous and respectful.

I don't mean to be selfish; just an honest opinon. I am definitely venturing to alot more locations now because of it; its just hard when you don't have a boat because IG was the perfect set-up. Great from the Shore or when renting a boat.

Caught my biggest bass there ever 2 weeks ago. 7lbs. See now I'm part of the problem!!!! :D
Of course I didn't have the camera due to my kid breaking our digital camera but I weighed it with my grip-scale.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.