Chicago Fishing Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
1,293 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So the past few days I tried a few new lakes I found on google. A couple days ago I tried a few park district lakes in Hoffman estates but got skunked. Moved to at Harper college pond and only caught a cable and lost my lure. Tried Barker lake and saw a few jumping but got none there either.
So today I tried THE pond and after awile I caught a really fat 17 incher, I measured it up to a mark on my rod and had totally overestimated her at 19, she was the typical pale color from that pond.
From there I hit up another new lake on my way home. I didnt have high hopes so I casted a senko and sat/laid down on the lawn. I got a fish fast, 15inches or so. I made another cast and got confused because these fish were hitting the lure immediately. I was getting constant hits, it was ridiculous. Too bad they were mostly dinks. I was missing hooksets all over the place because they were biting on the senkos tail and id have them almost landed before they let go.
I was starting to think this pond just got stocked or something when I started seeing all the spawning beds with bigger fish on them. I tried sight fishing these fish but they acted like the spooked bass at the wwd. Eventually I landed 2 huge bass, each around 18.5 and FAT. I also got a slab 9 inch bluegill on senko, and 50+ smaller bass landed in 4 hours!!!
:lol:

·
Registered
5,187 Posts
100 fish in 4 hours. :roll: I noticed today when I was out fishing that the fish were biting really light and when they did you really needed to wait before setting the hook.

·
Registered
1,293 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I literally could not cast without a fish on in seconds, every cast. If I pulled the senko out of its mouth because of a missed hookset then another bass would snap it up, and then that one would drop it and a 3rd bass grabbed it in less than a second. But they are well fed little bass, I saw blugills tails in the gullet of a few of them. Some of the blugills I caught and landed with no hook, Their gullet was holding on to my senko though.
A guy walked up to me to talk about fishing and he didnt seem surprised when I pulled the fat bass out. He said the whole lake becomes unfishable with weeds in summer though.

·
Registered
340 Posts
Yo! I think I saw you at the pond. I was walking to my car and you were down by the bushes. I thought you were someone else that I don't get along with so I totally ignored you ha. sorry man.

The fishing has been REALLY slow the past few times I've been out this week(or else I suck at fishing). It's dipping way into the 30s at night and I'm assuming that's gotta be making the water really cold. The sun is warmer, but still have we broken 50 degrees in the past 5 days?

·
Registered
1,293 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I went back today and it was the same. On the first cast my ratltap got weedy and I still saw 5 fish follow it back. So I threw it to them and could see one strike it. Then I got a bluegill, and then a security guard came and told me its private property :roll: NOW THAT SUX

·
Registered
1,293 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
its been a year and I still suck at fishing. I get skunked 9 out of 10 times this year???- Im thinking a little night fishing trip back to this pond is in order :) If I do Ill have to leave the new loomis rod at home, it doesnt help get a bite anyways./

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.