Chicago Fishing Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
164 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am looking for a Folding porta-boat or sit on top kayak if anyone is thinking of selling or getting rid of something you dont really use anymore , at the same time you will be helping out a fellow angler. Thanks will pay cash please post or email pics of what you got and how much you want for it.

·
Registered
1,089 Posts
That's a sweet ride Ron

The OK has a lot of cool features. you upgrading your electronics as well?

Now we all just need to get together for a Yak attack.

·
Registered
5,816 Posts
Hoffman said:
That's a sweet ride Ron

The OK has a lot of cool features. you upgrading your electronics as well?
No, GPS is fine, radio is fine and fishfinder is fine too.

I'm going for a much more streamlined approach this time and hope to not even add any rod holders. I've got rod storage below deck and hope to just use the two flushmounts behind me.

·
Registered
1,089 Posts
I read your ad to quick and thought you were including the electronics. The rod pod is a nice feature.

Can't wait to start playing in the yak and figure out how I want to customize it.

·
Registered
5,816 Posts
Hoffman said:
The rod pod is a nice feature.
It is awesome to keep your rods and much of your stuff below deck. If I ever have to make a beach landing in 5+ ft waves like I did once, I can put everything below deck first before I come crashing to shore.

That "Sonar Shield" compartment for mounting your electonics is a real dumb feature as it's farther away than your feet. I don't know how you are supposed to see or reach your electronics that far away. I will use it for mounting the battery and neatly containing all the wiring so it will be put to good use.

·
Registered
164 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I like your yak but I prefer a sit on top for a kayak. Thanks for the offer I saw it on craigslist.

·
Registered
2,627 Posts
RonG said:
Hoffman said:
The rod pod is a nice feature.
It is awesome to keep your rods and much of your stuff below deck. If I ever have to make a beach landing in 5+ ft waves like I did once, I can put everything below deck first before I come crashing to shore.

That "Sonar Shield" compartment for mounting your electonics is a real dumb feature as it's farther away than your feet. I don't know how you are supposed to see or reach your electronics that far away. I will use it for mounting the battery and neatly containing all the wiring so it will be put to good use.
Custome Brackets my friend... If you need some sheet metal or steel or even cromolly tubing, let me know. I have a bunch of scraps in the garage...

·
Registered
339 Posts
May I favor you with this little ode? "When the tides of life turn against you, and the current upsets your boat. Don't waste those tears on what might have been, just lay on your back and float.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.