Chicago Fishing Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Super Moderator
6,230 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I had not been on the ice in over 10 years, and for good reason. I am no fan of the cold. A few friends haggled me about this Summer and low and behold, I finally gave in. I can't complain, because I was never cold and we caught plenty of fish. Tipus with Shiners and the drops near weeds for the bass, and a small ice jig and waxies worked SLOWLY for the pannies.

As I was walking up, Mark jigged up this slab

I was lucky enough to arrive a few minutes before the flag popped with one of the nicer bass of the day

Rich sure knows his tipups. It was an enjoyable time out there just BSing and talking about the upcoming year.

Thanks goes out to Mark who invited us out and put us on the fish. He is a dangerous man with that Vex.

·
Registered
421 Posts
This would be a good weekend to start. Saturday is the Walk On Water event on Bangs Lake. Always a good time I'm headed up from Park Ridge If you want to Tag along Let me Know. Fish

·
Registered
2,402 Posts
I wish I could go but I have to help my dad finish his basement. :(

I might get out and do some fishing on superbowl sunday. However, I don't think I will be ice fishing.

·
Registered
2,628 Posts
That looked like some sweet ice fishin! Have any of you guy ice fished Como before (by geneva)? I want to give the ice fishin a shot, and am a little scarred to go out on Geneva Bay. Como looks pretty thick I walked out a couple hundred feet and put a flashlight aganst the ice last night. It seemed pretty safe. Any suggestions on waht to use will be appreciated. I picked up a little ice pole for 6$ at walmart so now I have to use it. :lol:

·
Super Moderator
6,230 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
JasonN said:
Great fish, Matt. WCF ice tourney hosted by Matt at that pond?? :D
I wish we could :D I don't think however that my buddy would get permission from his friend for such an endeavor. It is located right behind his business in a busy suburaban area. You can hear the traffic whizzing by all day. If it was up to me I would be all for it, but unfortunately it is not my honey hole.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.